Jonathan joined us in 1986 after working in operational management and marketing with Whitbread and with Hilton International in Brussels. As well as a Fellow of the Tourism Society, he is a patron of the Edge Hotel School, and also a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality, sitting on the Editorial Board of the Institute’s monthly journal.
An honours graduate in hotel and catering administration at the University of Surrey, Jonathan maintains close links with its management school. He was appointed Industrial Fellow, occupied the post of Visiting Fellow and continues to lecture there regularly. Jonathan is a frequent conference speaker and is often quoted in the media on industry trends and developments.
- In his 22 years of consulting experience, Jonathan has undertaken projects throughout Europe, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the CIS. He specialises in market demand and financial feasibility studies, strategic planning and the formulation of locational and product development plans.
- In addition to appraising markets for existing products and brands, Jonathan has worked with clients in developing new concepts, analysing their market potential and viability and bringing them to market.
- Acting as an expert witness, he has given evidence in arbitration proceedings and public enquiries relating to hotel rent reviews and planning approvals.
- Together with Mark Dickens, Jonathan conceived HotStats – our unique full profit and loss benchmarking service. Drawing on this exclusive data, he has advised operators on successful profit improvement programmes and investors on the viability of acquisitions.
- Jonathan became Managing Director of TRI in 1995.
Direct Line: +44(0)20 7892 2201
Back to London office...